Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Disappointment

It has been a week now since I joined the ranks of the unemployed.  I still do not regret this decision.  In the last year of my job I have been under a lot of stress.  It was time I left to follow my dream.  I am studying interfaith ministry and want to open a "gathering place" soon.  Plans for that have been in the making for many years but with luck, will become a reality in a few short months.
I am having a few moments of WTF happened and what will I do?  But I still have Faith and Believe that I will be provided for and this will all work out.

My hubby is a bit concerned.  I find it amazing how I can be the only bread winner for years also being the one to carry any and all insurance we have but when I am not working, he has a fit!  Says he can't do it all by himself but yet I did!  He is in construction and I realize that during the winters business is slow.  And with today's economy things are slow as well.  So, he sat for about six weeks doing nothing but farm on Facebook while I worried about how to pay the bills.  Now the tables have turned and he is freaking!  I am too but ya know what...I am ready to sit on my butt for a few.  I am studying to get my degree and working towards bringing in some money but dang!  LOL!

But my mindless stuff for today is something I just cannot forget about nor understand and I have to get it off my chest.

Family.  As mentioned in my earlier post, my son and daughter-in-law have gifted me with a handsome grandson.  I never thought I would have grandkids and my son is 37 and my daughter is 24.  Son thought he could never have kids and daughter does not want yet.  So I am very excited to have my grandson.
The problem with family I am having is this:  when son got married...my side of family and in-laws more or less ignored their wedding.  No gifts or money given.  That hurt big time.  Really hurt!  And now that I have my grandson..no acknowledgment. 
I had a "grandma" shower.  Son lives out of state and if we'd lived near I would be having a shower so why not?  I had a good turn out with good gifts from friends.  In-laws made baby blankets/afghans that were beautiful.  Nothing from my side of the family. 
Now that grandson is born, I have sent pictures to everyone.  Of course my side is excited and have commented on how handsome grandson is and how he looks like daddy...but not one flipping word from in-laws.  I have sent the pictures over and over asking them direct questions and nothing.  All I get from them is forwarded crap emails.  Am I wrong?!?  I would expect or hope for some type of acknowledgment!.

Heck...no one from either side even mentioned our 25th anniversary a few months back.  That also disappointed me. 
I just don't understand how family can be so cold.

Tnanks for listening all.

No comments:

Post a Comment